ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS TEAM
Our "Schools" team has three sub-teams:
1. Sales (new business sales) - They bring Albert to new school customers and find opportunities for customer expansions. They are measured by how much new business they win in a year.
2. Account Management (renewal sales) - They work with school administrators to renew Albert contracts, plan implementations, and conduct data-driven check-ins. They are measured by annual customer retention.
3. Adoption Management - They work with teachers to support their day-to-day use of Albert and deliver professional development trainings. They are measured by license utilization and teacher engagement.
These sub-teams work closely together to provide an exceptional experience for school administrators and teachers. This is our consolidated recruitment path for either the Account Management OR Sales teams, as we have found that people with a sales mindset do best at both. This interview process is designed to find candidates for either role, based on preference and the positions we have open.
As of 6/21/2022, we are only hiring for the Sales team.
As an Account Manager on the Account Management team, you will ensure that schools renew and expand their Albert implementations over time. You will ensure the right stakeholders are bought into implementations, monitor implementation data, and perform annual contract renewals with the goal of growing and retaining accounts.
As an Account Executive on the Sales team, you will guide administrators through our purchasing process, understand their needs, and build buy-in from admins and teachers around their Albert implementation to win deals.
On both teams, your responsibilities will include:
● Cultivating product-customer fit. Learn the goals, pain points, and instructional context of each customer and articulate how Albert can help.
● Maintaining customer data. Clean CRM data is critical to our ability to execute. Ensure notes, metadata, activities, and deals have complete and accurate data.
● Building long-term relationships. Forge long-term relationships with school administrators based on trust and understanding of their needs.
On the Sales team, you will have these team-specific responsibilities:
● Managing the buyer's journey. Guide prospective customers from initial qualification to closed deal. Lead product demos with school and district administrators, build excitement with stakeholders, and navigate purchasing and procurement procedures.
● Finding opportunities for expansion. Work with Account Managers to identify existing schools and district customers with expansion potential and conduct outreach to drive opportunities.
● Generating new leads. Leverage data and outbound email/phone campaigns to generate new opportunities.
On the Account Management team, you will have these team-specific responsibilities:
● Manage contract renewals. Renew and expand our school and district customers every year with a focus on updating the implementation vision with their needs in mind.
● Oversee on Implementation. Regularly meet with school administrators to deliver novelty insights that help drive high levels of buy-in and adoption. Serve as a consultant by investigating client challenges and offerings strategic solutions.
● Building retention. Work internally with other Schools, Content, and Product team members to identify solutions that promote customer retention.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available. The company contributes 99% of our great base health plan (employees pay the difference for more expensive plans) and 85% for vision and dental.
● One Medical. We cover enrollment in One Medical to provide all employees with convenient access to primary care.
● Paid parental leave. Parents are eligible for up to twelve (12) weeks of fully paid parental leave after a year of service.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan and a 1% match.
● Commuter benefit. Use pre-tax earnings on your commute through our managed platform.
● Flexible, guilt-free vacation. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Most people take 3-4 weeks per year and are encouraged to take time off. This is not a vague policy where "unlimited" ends up meaning "hardly ever, it's too stressful to ask for time off." We actively encourage everyone to take off.
● Half-day Fridays. We value work-life balance and observe half-day Fridays every week.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 2014, Albert has been powering feedback loops for students and teachers to improve educational outcomes. We do this by providing students with engaging, thought-provoking questions and feedback and teachers with actionable data and flexible instructional tools. We believe we can make the biggest impact by working through teachers, equipping them with the highest quality practice and assessment content possible.
We recognize that people, culture, and strong internal relationships are the best competitive advantages a company can have. Our mission as a company is to create lasting relationships with educators and students. Our goal is to empower students and teachers by designing inclusive, equitable content that is accessible to all types of learners and individuals in partnership with a diverse team of authors.
Albert is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
As we continue to grow, we do so with a focus on building teams representing the different cultures, backgrounds, ethnicities, and experiences of our users, students, and the world. We simultaneously strive to create spaces that deliberately promote personal growth, diversity, and inclusion.
As an education company, we are in a unique position to prioritize diversity and inclusion. As a result, we pursue the following business goals:
Build and maintain high levels of trust within and between all teams, employees, and managers
Develop awareness of sources and expressions of bias and injustice and how they apply to our work
Recruit and retain a team with a strong diversity of backgrounds and thinking
Drive positive societal impact both locally and globally, especially in the unique ways that a digital education company can
We are a remote-first company. Most of our team is in Chicago, but you can live and work anywhere, but we are not yet set up to support international team members.
● Experience. 1+ years experience in sales or account management in a comparable role. We prefer candidates with prior classroom teaching experience and ideally, have used Albert in their own classroom.
● Alignment. Excitement for our product and in particular, a sales-focused role on either our Account Management or Sales teams. You want to be an evangelist and bring Albert to as many students as possible through sales.
● Exceptional communication skills. You are a good listener, articulate, and highly persuasive; you skillfully leverage data from multiple sources and use context to create compelling narratives.
● Composure under pressure. You do not get rattled easily and can quickly adapt; you can focus and prioritize in stressful situations.
● Relentlessness. You challenge yourself with ambitious goals and draw upon your high level of grit to achieve long-term success.
● Attention to detail and discipline. You pride yourself on maintaining good habits and getting the little things right.
● A great teammate. You are excited to support your teammates, assume best-intent, and push the team to succeed together.