Content Writer (Contract)
Albert is a digital learning platform that helps teachers supplement their lessons with engaging, standards-aligned practice questions. Each of our 140,000+ questions is carefully crafted by teachers like you. These questions are aligned to grades 5-12 in curricula as diverse as Common Core, Advanced Placement, SAT/ACT, and NGSS.
Albert and our authors are passionate about creating world-class content. Working alongside expert educators, you will contribute directly to the heart of Albert: our content.
NOTE: This is a remote, freelance/contract position.
Albert authors work on small teams of content experts to do the following:
- Write rigorous, standards-aligned practice questions and explanations in your subject area
- Keep content managers updated on progress and availability
- Give and respond to feedback
- Manage time to complete self-paced freelance projects
We add new authors when we have a specific project to complete. We're actively hiring new authors in the following subjects:
- Middle School Global History
- Digital Literacy
- Media Literacy
SUBJECT NOT LISTED ABOVE?
- We always keep the above list of available subjects updated. Please submit an application only if you have expertise in one of the above content areas.
- If you don't see your course/subject listed above, please do not apply now – feel free to check back later to see if your subject is listed.
- Learn to create cutting-edge digital content
- Delve deep into your curriculum
- Practice writing rigorous assessments aligned to your subject’s standards
- Develop relationships with expert educators across the country
- Benefit from the collective expertise of our in-house content team
- Strong subject expertise
- Relevant teaching experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Flexibility in adapting to project changes
- Comfort with technology
- Excellent time management skills
- Desire to collaborate with other educators.
- A familiarity with Albert's Course Library
- A positive, can-do attitude!
NICE TO HAVES:
- A degree in your relevant subject
- Experience designing and/or implementing technology in classrooms or schools
- If you are applying to be a writer for an AP® subject, you ideally teach AP® classes in that subject